Pennsylvania License Renewal Applications
The Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission requires each real estate sales licensee to take 14 hours of continuing education during each license renewal period.
- At the August 25, 2020 meeting of the Real Estate Commission, pursuant to 49 PA Code §35.384(b), the Commission voted to impose a continuing education requirement for the 2020-2022 renewal period. The requirement is that a minimum of 3.5 hours of the required 14 hours of continuing education must be taken on the topics of Redlining, Steering, Implicit Bias, Diversity, and the Fair Housing Act. The coursework must be completed between August 30, 2020 and May 31, 2022, in order to meet the requirement.
- New licensees who are renewing for the first time are exempt from this one-time requirement and are still required to complete the mandatory courses for new licensees pursuant to 49 PA Code §35.384(b).
- If you were licensed after 12/1/19 (new licensee) you are required to take the mandatory required 14 hour CE classes. i.e, General Module, Commercial Module, Residential module each being 7 hours.
- Anyone licensed after 12/1/21 won’t take CE for this cycle.
- If licensed prior to 12/1/19 you must take 3.5 hours in the topic of Redlining, Steering, Implicit Bias, Diversity, and the Fair Housing Act. and 10.5 hours in any elective classes totaling 14 hours of approved PA CE.
- BCREI does not report continuing education to the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission. Once all course requirements are completed, you will be issued a Course Completion Certificate/Transcript for the course. The Real Estate Commission requires the licensee to maintain the transcripts from each continuing education class taken. The Real Estate Commission may require you to produce the transcripts in order to prove attendance. BCREI does maintain a database of transcripts but encourages students to keep separate records as well.
Renewal information can be found on the PA State RE Commission Website.
Questions regarding license renewal can be directed to the PA State RE Commission at RAemail@example.com
Renewals must be completed online by May 31, 2022. Details here
If a licensee does not renew their license by May 31, 2022 they will need to log into the PA Real Estate Commission's PALS system.