2017 Grievance Committee
Do you have an interest in becoming more involved with your Association?
It is that time of year again when we are looking for a few new candidates to add to our Grievance Committee. If you have an interest in filling out an application, and have been a REALTOR® member in good standing for 5 years; please review the following information...
Duties of the Grievance Committee:
Evaluate and review all ethics complaints and requests for arbitration, to determine whether validity and substance of the complaints/requests warrants further consideration by a Professional Standards Hearing Panel. The Grievance Committee makes recommendations only, and does not conduct hearings, all in accordance with the National Associations Code of Ethics & Arbitration Manual.
If appointed, members are required to attend annual training. Our committee has regularly scheduled meetings.
This criterion is used to consider a candidate for becoming a committee member:
- number of years as REALTOR®
- numbers of years in the real estate business
- primary & secondary fields of real estate endeavor/expertise
- participation in post-licensing real estate education
- training in Code of Ethics
- position in firm (principal/nonprincipal)
- size of firm
- common sense
- familiarity with state law & regulations
- receptiveness to instruction/training
- other relevant professional or procedural training
If you’d like to fill out an application for consideration, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa M. Frey, Director of Professional Development